Twitter

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Book 3 - The Shadow of your Smile

I must confess I love Susan May Warren's books. I personally met her and had this book autographed by her. Before even reading it! Such emotion in "The Shadow of your Smile." I felt like I was one of the characters, just watching from the outside. Wishing I could change things. Wishing I could make them, make different choices.

Noelle and Eli have drifted apart after the tragedy of losing their daughter. While living in the same house, they are living very seperate lives. Tragedy strikes again and now Noelle has lost the last 25 years. Where do they go from here? Is Eli honest about what their marriage was really like, or will he try to rebuild a better marriage? Will they tell Noelle about losing her daughter? What will happen if they do? What really is going on with Eli's "friendship" with his friend's widow? All these questions and more keep you reading.

Great character development and realistic conversations. I enjoyed returning to Deep Haven again, but the book certainly has the ability to be a stand alone.

No comments: