Twitter

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I've read another - My Foolish Heart

My first 5 book reviews were all accepted so I just chose my first free book from Tyndale's Sumer Reading Program. Woo Hoo! I've just finished my 6th book - My Foolish Heart by Susan May Warren. I've read most of her novels and once again enjoyed her writing. The plot was a little predictable. Boy meets girl. Sparks fly. Etc. Etc. Yet as with Warren's books the storyline is worth a read, sprinkled with gems of truth along the way. I like the characters struggles; believable and understandable. Each character in their own way was trying to love themselves, others and God. They struggled to accept themselves in God's gracious, or as Warren puts it, foolish love. She states "God loved most foolishly. He came into the dark world to rescue peple who might never love Him back." In the author's notes at the end she says, "It felt blasphemous to write that. God is not foolish. But He is love. Big, overwhelming, incogruous love that looks foolish. A love that, even now, doesn't seem wise.... But see that's the amazing part. His love is perfect. Not messy. Not uneven. Consistent. Overwhelming. Freeing. Life-changing. And He offers it to us, no strings attached." That was really the whole point of her book. Our foolish heart tries to do everything ourselves to be worth of love and we miss the point. God's love is offered to us, no strings attached. "My Foolish Heart" is worth the read.

No comments: