Twitter

Monday, August 6, 2012

Bees in the Butterfly Garden

Bees in the Butterfly Garden by Maureen Lang was certainly not the book I expected it to be.  As a fan of historical fiction I've read a lot of different authors and subjects.  I don't think I've read one on organized crime before.  The cover and title didn't make me think of the dark, underside the novel would explore.  Lang developed her characters and made their internal struggles realistic.  The guilt, shame, revenge, jealousy, fear, heartache, and motivation of each character wove together to make a well rounded, believable storyline.  Will Meg "prove" she's her father's daughter?  Will Claire and Nelson's friendship and Godly example change Meg's heart?  Will Kate's new found faith change her friendships?  Will Brewster or Ian climb to the top, and who's motives are pure?  Are either one's?  Add in Evie, her bird Pindar and Geoffrey and you'll have plenty of actions and attitudes to keep you reading.

No comments: