Twitter

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Atonement Child - Francine Rivers

I am not one to reread a book.  Nor to watch a movie I've already seen.  It's kind of like - I know the ending, therefore, the story loses it's appeal.  Not so with "The Atonement Child' by Francine Rivers.  I originally read it as an older teen.  Now as an adult I saw things in the characters I didnt' before.  As is usual with Rivers writing, the characters are realistic and well developed.  The reader has a myriad of emotions reading this book.  An amazingly accurate look at the motives behind the actions.  Though never in the same situation as Dynah, I still can learn a lot from her.  Her relationship with God was gripping and honest.  He doesn't always make sense, but will I trust Him regardless?  He doesn't always "feel" like He's there, but will I believe He still is?  He asks tough things, but will I rely on Him to do them?  Or will I struggle in my own efforts?  Will I choose to forgive and love in the midst of my pain?  Those are just some of the things the book addresses.  Worth your read.  Even if you've read it before!

No comments: