Twitter

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dopple Ganger - The First Escape

 First I have to say I would never have picked this book up if it wasn't on the Tyndale Summer Reading List AND available at the public library.  It is a tween/teen book.  I'm not sure how to sum it up rather than weird.  However, by the end of the story I did have to wonder what mayhem Sadie, Saskia, and Erik will get themselves into next.  The book went back and forth between novel and graphic novel.  I wasn't really a fan of that back and forth.  I didn't feel the characters were really developed.  The sisters were always up to no good.  Erik seemed to dislike them, yet he came to their rescue.  I wasn't sure why.  I did like the fact that the evil was exposed and the kids decided to do the right thing.  Of course they were rewarded for that as well.  The questionable Muzzy was rescued only to "rescue" them.  I assume the Companion referred to God.  I'm not sure about Madame Raphael; an angel?  It was an OK story.

No comments: