Twitter

Friday, August 2, 2013

Still Lolo

 Still Lolo was a interesting story.  I felt there were positive and negative things about the book itself.  The beginning chronicled so much of Lauren's early years and the parents split, then reunion.  While it might have been worthy of sharing, I didn't see the need for so much detail.  I felt it took awhile to get to the actual point of the book.  One other thing was the abundance of help Lolo received.  I'm glad she could have the best of therapy,  several arm and hand prosthetics, and 2 parents who could choose not to work when she needed them.  Personally I doubt see that being reality for most of us.  While great for Lolo, it might be discouraging for others in horrific accidents.  The positive was the faith of the family.  I liked that they were real.  Their struggles, their doubts, fears, pain, hope and trust came shining through.  Yes they have Christ.  Yes they still had to process the emotions and ways it would change them all forever.  Too often I feel Christians portray their faith and trust, without revealing the other emotions are real and necessary.  Lolo is a very determined young woman, who draws her strength from God and His blessings in her life.  Worthwhile read overall.

No comments: